- Engines and auxiliaries will change in this way in compliance with Euro 7 emission regulation Euro 7 scheduled to be introduced around 2025!!
- The specifications and performance required for transmissions and gears will change as the electric powertrain evolves and spreads!!
- Organize the latest development trends of electric axles, which are the key parts of electric vehicles, motors and their components, batteries, and power supplies!!
- From the future of autonomous driving development in the world, from LiDAR, millimeter wave radar, camera to driver monitoring!!
- Cockpit and interior evolved by digitalization! Future of E/E architecture and in-vehicle communication!!
- Platform comparison of each company! Weight reduction and body material adoption trends, latest electric vehicle body structure analysis!!
Automotive technologies, such as electric powertrains and autonomous driving, have undergone significant evolution over the last few years. The world’s major OEMs will be serious about EV sales from 2020. Although autonomous driving is under limited conditions on highways, Level 3 practical application is imminent. In other fields as well, many innovations have appeared due to digitalization. On the other hand, the fuel economy/exhaust gas regulations have not been met, and improvements to existing technologies such as the engine cannot be avoided.
FOURIN dispatches its staff to technical presentations and seminars not only in Japan but around the world to keep up with the latest technological development trends in each field. The “World Automotive Technology Yearbook 2020” introduced here is a summary of the results of the most recent year or two of these news gathering activities. We have prepared a wide range of survey reports, from a report in which we listened directly to multiple experts to thoroughly dig deep, to a report in which we looked at similar technologies of OEMs and suppliers side by side.
This is a sequel to the previous year’s World Automotive Technology Yearbook 2019, but there are no duplicate reports for the same theme. This means that the speed of technological evolution in recent years is that much faster.
This year’s edition also includes platforms, body structures, body materials, interior and exterior, HMI, etc. of each company that were not included in the previous year’s edition.
We are confident that it will be an indispensable bible indispensable for formulating R&D policies and product/service strategies for each company by carefully identifying the direction of future automobile technology.
Please view this guide and consult with the relevant departments before employment.